Vacancy in Canada – Mushroom Picker Demand in Canada
conducts appropriate duties to control weed growth, insects, diseases and undesirable fungus growth. irrigates land for crop growth. selects and picks mushrooms according to size and ripeness, while discarding rotting and over-ripened produce. grades, sorts, bunches and packs produce into containers.
Location: Oak bank, MB, Canada
Wage: $16.50 an hour – Full-time
Salary: $16.50 an hour
Job type: Full-time
- Pulled from the full job description
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Site Environment
- Organic farming
- At heights
- Hand harvesting vegetables
- Pick row and orchard crops
Type of Crops
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Substantial experience of checking, harvesting, cleaning and loading mushrooms for delivery
- In-depth knowledge of high-quality mushroom sorting and packing practices
- Operational knowledge of using hovels, trowels, hoes, shears and knives
- Familiarity with climbing and working from heights using ladder
- Ability to perform strenuous activities and carry heavy loads, diligently
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings, efficiently
- Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling, Weight Handling
- Cultivated, tended, and harvested high quality of mushrooms.
- Inspected, sorted, and cleaned all collected mushrooms, carefully and properly.
- Packed, arranged, and loaded all harvested products for delivery.
- Used and maintained a variety of hand tools and farm machines.
- Watered all mushroom crops and ensured their proper growth and health.
- Interpreted and adhered to established health and safety procedures.
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve, please submit your resume.